MyHotComments.com

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Are you thankful?

I never thought I would be so hands on; and wanting to do so many cute little crafts. I've never been more excited about spending a holiday then I am NOW!!! From my point, I can't understand why someone wouldn't want to spend it w/their children & close family. Why you would just blow the people you love off, unless you just don't celebrate, period.
I'm totally giddy it's ridiculous! I've gotten everything that I've asked for this Christmas & then some! And I'm not just talking about the fancy property that I have. It's not about the rings, the phone, the purses, or the name brands; I'm talking about my family
I've wanted to quit a few times over these last several months. Having to live life in this hectic world is crazy & hard enough w/o bringing a baby into it. I've put every single need of his before my own, as I believe every Mother should. James & myself haven't argued in about a year & a half. We bicker, some people think we're serious, but we're totally not. And after Aj was born, things just were strained for awhile. I was constantly tired, and then working on top of my 24/7 job with Aj didn't help. James didn't quite understand what my job entailed, until he was stuck watching Aj overnight w/o me. James said he wasn't sure if he wanted children. In his exact words he has said "Everybody that I know makes parenthood seem like hell, they are more then willing to drop their child off with who ever will watch it; they are always itching to go out & party. And that's how it's always been. So I wasn't fond of the idea of becoming a Dad because they always said it was nothing but a burden."
Which is sad to be honest, because everybody in my family (for the most part) loves their children to the ends of the earth (since this world is ROUND, we know what that means). Nobody in my family has ever said having children is nothing but a burden; they said it would be hard & that it is hard.
So, that's why we were strained; I enjoyed every minute of it & James on the other hand was weary about the whole situation.
Things have gotten much better. We both know that we have been to hell & back; we can push threw anything together! And we did!
Things are still pretty rough sometimes, but I think we both are optimistic that we can be successful in this marriage. We finally went on a date (w/o Monkey) and that was glorious! We have vowed each day to not argue; if we start to, we just walk away until we're calm. lmao but now I've got a punching bag; so I just go beat up on that a few minutes & I'm good to go! lmao!
I have everything to be thankful for this Christmas. For one, I have God, whom without in my life, our lives would NOT be here & we would not be able to make this relationship work. 2nd I have the best gift any woman/mother could ever ask for & that's my Monkey. My pride, my joy, my life. I've never known you could love someone so much in such a way. 3rd I have my husband, who sometimes I'd like to strangle, I know no matter what thick & thin, sickness & health, richer or poorer, til death do us a part, will always love me & be there, here, for me. 4th I have woman's best friend & that's my 3bratty as heck dogs; who will always love me & I will love them no matter how much they don't want to listen! 5th I have my Mom, my Dad, my Sister, who I also know will always be there for me no matter what as they have always been. And lastly my family in CA, even though they are so far away I know no matter what if I truly need them, I can always count on them.
So yes, I've already gotten my Christmas presents early from James & Monkey, I got some perfume & lotion & a phone & a upgraded ring set, and this wonderful house to live in....but my true gifts & blessings are my family & God.

I'm looking forward to having James' family here in my home for Christmas, and hopefully my friend & his wife will also make it up.
If no one else came for Christmas I would be A-Okay with it; because I know that I'm already blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment